Tuesday, June 29, 2010

MANDIE and THE SECRET TUNNEL by Lois Gladys Leppard

Mandie Shaw, almost a teenager, is certain God no longer loves her as she watches her father being lowered into his grave. Her mother's remarriage compounds her grief. Her only comfort is the promise from her father's faithful Cherokee friend, Uncle Ned, to watch out for her and be a friend.

This book is said to be for ages 9-12. It is the first in a long series of books about Mandie and her adventures.



Rachel's Thoughts: I used the first book of the series as an example for the series, but the whole series is worth reading. This is great for older elementary kids, and has mystery and historical facts woven throughout. I gave this book 5 bookmarks.

Lakela's Thoughts: This series is what gave me a love for reading when I was in elementary school. It's still one of my favorite books. I gave this book 5 bookmarks.

No comments:

Post a Comment