Tuesday, August 20, 2013

FOREVERMORE by Cindy Miles

From Goodreads: On a misty cliffside, mystery and romance await. . . .

Ivy Calhoun's life has been turned upside down. Her new stepdad has uprooted Ivy and her mom, bringing them to live in an actual castle in the misty Scottish countryside. There are stone-faced servants and shadowy corridors, and the ancient walls seem full of secrets. Ivy is at once frightened and intrigued.

Especially when she meets Logan, a gorgeous, elusive ghost who has haunted the castle grounds for decades. Ivy is immediately drawn to him . . . but Logan is not the only spirit around. Something dark and deadly is afoot, and soon Ivy finds herself in mortal danger.

Is Logan exactly what he seems? Could his mysterious past be tied to Ivy's present? And can Ivy stop herself from falling in love with him?

This is a stand-alone novel, said to be for ages 12 and up.

Rachel's Thoughts:

I've never read a story that takes place in Scotland, so within the first few pages of this book I was ready to pack my bags and head to the Highlands. Gorgeous descriptions. And seeing as this is written for a younger YA crowd, I thought the sweet, simple love story was perfect in all its dreaminess.  

However, for me, the middle fell a little flat as I waited for more revelations, more pieces of the puzzle to come together. 

This story was fairly predicable and could be a little more developed, but all in all, I thought it was an engaging, light read, one I'd be more than happy to recommend it to the younger YA crowd. 


No comments:

Post a Comment